Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Layla Bubbly in Black Forest

Today I have Layla Bubbly in Black Forest to show you! I've been in love with it ever since I first saw it online. A big big hug to my friend Grace for helping me get it! It is also very similar if not identical to OPI Spotted.

The formula is really different to normal nail polish. It's like soy sauce, almost. It applies a very opaque black (very precise too) even with the smallest amount of polish on the brush. It very quikly dissipates as soon as it is applied over the nail. Very similar to how oil and water play with each other. And I noticed that on some 'nails' that there were incredibly tiny little sweat balls, so this stuff is still trying to escape itself even at the micro level. Black Forest also begins to crack (just a little) after a few minutes.


Colours left to right: OPI No Room For The Blues, OPI Don't Talk Bach To Me, Butter London Bumster, OPI A Roll In The Hague, OPI The Spy Who Loved Me, OPI You Only Live Twice, Misa Pinky Promise, OPI Skull & Glossbones, OPI Designer De-Better, OPI Black Onyx (matte).

A close-up of the first five! On the third nail I drew a straight line and waited too long to finish the coat, it had already set! So I tried applying a second coat to see what would happen. Nothing much lol. Black Forest looks great over these bright colours!

And the next lot. The 3rd nail was one of the thinner coats. The 5th nail here is the first one I painted on, very thickly. The last nail is mattefied Black Onyx, too bad you can't really see anything exciting here.

What do you think? Is Bubbly a look for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment