Tuesday, December 16, 2008

There is HOPE

I kind of feel like an idiot posting this because I know Katee just posted something like this already...
I did have this planned for you though because on Christmas day it will be one year from the first day I started to care for my nails, Santa got me a nail kit in a flash silver box with my first OPI.

I use to keep ALL of my nail stuff in this box, it could fit 8 OPI's down the bottom and my nail stickers/treatments/base coats and top coats on the two shelves. I now use this box for travelling LOL. I have come a long way from being a chronic nail biter to where my nails are today.

I was a chronic nail biter for almost 17 years, but I had always wanted long and beautiful nails. My sister always had these wonderful nails, she hardly has to try. Well, six months ago when my family was on vacation in Australia, we came across a huge chemist that stocked heaps and heaps of Sally Hansen treatments. We stocked up, and the strong nails began to grow.
I also found Burning Love in the chemist, as you can see in this picture I was thrilled with how my nails were coming along (they always used to be quite a bit shorter, never had tips before).


  • If you would like some quick tips:

- Use cuticle oil at least once a day, and just whenever you remember throughout your day.

- Use a strengthener as your base coat, one that suits your nails. For example; peeling, soft, brittle etc.

- Always wear gloves when doing housework using chemicals, they can dry out your cuticles making your nails dry in the long run.

- Alot of places/people will tell you not to use remover more than twice a month or something ridiculous like that. I use it sometimes six times a day when I am swatching, but always at least once a day I use acetone remover. I don't think it really matters how often you use it as long as you are pumping the moisture back in that you are taking out with the remover.

- Buffing: Only do this once a month, otherwise you will make your nails thinner and thinner causing them to break. If you have minor ridges, just use a ridge filling base coat :)

- Last but not least, use a fast drying top coat. Seche or Poshe work wonders, but do need thinning when they are less than half way. This will save you alot of anger after waking up to find sheet stains all over your pretty manicure :)


I know they aren't perfect yet, but it shows that anyone can have pretty nails n_n

No comments:

Post a Comment