Thursday, November 26, 2009

How To: Depot Lipstick or Balm

So my lippie Blow Dry was giving me a little trouble, it was quite mushy and scraping on the edges of the container... So I decided to depot it!

And then I got a little carried away...


How do you depot a lipstick you ask? Easy peasy!

YOU WILL NEED:
  • Oil Burner OR Candle
  • Lighter
  • Big Spoon
  • Small Container
STEPS:
  1. Slice the lipstick up into smallish slices on to the spoon. This will help it melt faster.
  2. Light the candle and hold the spoon over the candle. It can take a few minutes - depends on the lippy. Don't hold it right over the flame so it boils!
  3. Once it is all liquid, pour it straight into your container or lip palette and let it set. It doesn't take that long.
  4. You're done!
I did a couple of other colours too because having so many different lipsticks in my kit makes it tricky to see all of the colours to judge whats best for the client. Mum and I only picked up a few pots today but I think we will be getting a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment