Friday, February 25, 2011

OPI Texas: Totally Fort Worth It & I Vant To Be A-Lone Star

First I have the two Greys to show you from OPI's Texas collection. Both of them are such great colours. I could not find fault with either.
Totally Fort Worth It:
It doesn't look as cool on the nail as it does in the bottle, until you're under artificial light. 


In the sunlight Fort Worth looks like a... soft silver? Is that possible? It gets quite reflective, but not as much as a chrome polish. OPI calls this a lavender.... Erm...


Sadly though all of the pink shimmer and glitter vanishes in natural light. Even in the shade outside it hides. It looks really beautiful inside though.


I used three coats here, but two could easily do the trick. I managed to ding this manicure so I just wanted to even it out.










I Vant To Be A-Lone Star:
I really wanted to buy this one when I first saw the collection, but I was limited to two only. I even saw a girl wearing this shade on the bus and it just looked so delicate on her, I had to get it!


Luckily mum had bought a few Texans and this was one of them, she wasn't too keen on it as it is quite close to Essie's Sag Harbor. Sag Harbor is just a touch darker, but otherwise, definitely sisters.


You only need two coats with A-Lone Star as well. Wonderful coverage.


I am usually not too fussed on the frost finish, but when it's a dove grey, how can one resist? 


Overall I am so pleased with these two colours, very cute and a nice change for Spring/Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment