Saturday, March 10, 2012

Misa Precious Moments Spring Collection 2012


Precious Moments was love at first sight.
Jelly, nude, mauve, minty blue AND a possible Essie Neo-Whimsical dupe?!


Bed Of Roses
What a happy looking nail polish! Bed of Roses reminds me of lip gloss or popsicles, so summery and juicy looking! The first swatch is with two coats and the second having three coats. 



 Sweet Thing
I cannot tell you how long I have been searching for a pale lavender or mauve nail polish. I've been through Essie's Lilacism and Nice is Nice, but they both missed the mark. Sweet Thing is everything I have been after.



 Little Hands
My camera decided that it wouldn't photograph Little Hands in all her glory. It most definitely isn't this chalky looking. It's like... a slightly neon hybrid cross of Essie Mint Candy Apple and China Glaze For Audrey. The bottom photo is what it looks like, but in the sun... If you get what I mean... Little Hands is not a colour to be ignored.



Someone Like You
I always have a soft spot for nudes. Someone Like You is a red toned nude and is very flattering on different skin tones. It reminds me of OPI's Miso Happy and Let Them Eat Rice Cake. Very subtle, chic and work appropriate.





Pinky Promise
It's really hard to choose a favourite from this collection but I think Pinky Promise may be it. I just love milky pinks. I have a comparison between Pinky Promise and Essie's Neo Whimsical that I will be posting shortly.



Note: There was another polish in this collection called Deep Breath that I didn't get. Deep Breath looks to be a light neutral grey creme.



Precious Moments - Overall Thoughts


Formula: this collection was great. They all have that nice thickness, not too thin but not too gluggy either. The polishes give a lot of coverage in minimal coats. The only one that needed more than two was Bed Of Roses, but you can keep layering on the coats til the cows come home with that one. I really had forgotten how lovely Misa polishes are.

Colours: Precious Moments definitely sings Spring but I love the unusual choices of Little Hands and Bed Of Roses. They stop the collection from just being a Spring pastel palette. Which wouldn't even be that bad because I am over the moon with them all anyway. My Mum and Sister have all tried these on too and (they are lighter and darker, redder than me) the colours looked just as pretty and feminine on them.


These are available now and you can buy them from Misa's website, TransDesign, and Head2Toe Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment