Friday, November 26, 2010

Liquid Palisade Review











Liquid Palisade is a product for those of us who love to do nail art and french manicures. It's really fun to use and I love the colour of it.

It's a product that you paint on and peel off. It takes a little getting used to as I found out.













What I found out while playing around with Liquid Palisade is that you need 'tabs'. What I mean by that is, say, if you drew a straight line down the middle of your nail, how are you going to pick up the Liquid Palisade when you just painted polish over it?

So if you continue painting the Liquid Palisade over the edge of your nail and on to the cuticle, you have a 'tab' to pull. :D Easy peasey!











TIPS WHEN USING LIQUID PALISADE:
- When Liquid Palisade dries it turns to a darker shade of pink which is great for lighter colours. But when painted over darker colours, Liquid Palisade has a pinky/blue shimmer so it is still really easy to see where you painted on darker colours too.

- Liquid Palisade is very stretchy! Be careful of this as I accidentally let it go a few times when I was trying to remove it and ended up flinging back into my nail! No major damage caused lol.

- When you are removing the Liquid Palisade, I recommend to pinch & pull the tab you created in the direction of your design. 

- You do have to apply it when the first coat is dry, otherwise you may pull that off too when you remove the Liquid Palisade.

- You have to make sure you remove it before the coat of polish on top of the Palisade has dried. Otherwise you end up pulling off more polish than you would want and the design gets messy. :(

- The formula is a little bit on the thin side, so make sure you layer up on your design so it's easier to remove.

- Circles don't really work, let me know if you find a way.

- I haven't really figured out a way of doing designs without tabs yet (i.e. designs in the centre of the nail). Once again, let me know if you find a way.

EXAMPLES:
Seeing as my first go round with the stuff didn't turn out so flash, I tried more simple designs. These were probably too simple, but at least you get to see what it does.
















I tried a straight line (lol), a curved line and a half-moon manicure. I was particularly happy at how well I could do a half-moon manicure with Liquid Palisade. (Colours used: OPI Jade Is The New Black and Orly Meet Me Under The Mistletoe).

Then I gave Liquid Palisade another go, this time with designs a little more complex. One didn't quite turn out though.












The glitter polishes didn't really work all that well. I think it's because the polish is more glue like than a regular polish. So it tends to pull itself off.












 I also forgot to paint a tab on one of the orange lines, so it was lost under the polish.












This was my favourite design! I really do love Liquid Palisade and will definitely show you some more examples once I get more used to how it works. :)

If you have any questions, please ask away!


You can purchase Liquid Palisade from here and it retails for $22.00. Free shipping at the moment and it looks like you get $5 off on Mondays!

Ingredients: Natural Rubber, Water, Ammonia, Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide, Ammonium Hydroxide. May contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, D&C Red #6 or #7, FD&C Yellow #5.

Warnings: Keep out of eyes, mouth, hair and clothing. For intended use only. Do not use this product if you have any skin allergies to Havea, which is commonly called Latex.

No comments:

Post a Comment