Tuesday, March 15, 2011

OPI Texas: Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em & Do You Think I'm Tex-y?

I apologise for being away for so long! I am having the most hectic time at the moment. First off, my first assignment at Uni was to find a deeper meaning to five different walls. WALLS. That was a mission and a half! 

I got help from my mum with that so I was staying with my family that weekend, and we have been training each day for the Round The Bays event. It's a 8km run or walk. After doing that for almost 2 hours, we get back to the car and it has been broken into! My backpack that had all my clothes (had gone on a big shopping spree the day before), wallet, phone, camera etc. in it, gone! My mum's bag was also taken. And the thieves have managed to spend about $1800 off her credit card! The idiots shopped in store though so they've been caught on security cameras.

It was strange though because my mums friend came with us and her bag was untouched in the front seat. Also the thieves were kind enough to leave me my wall assignment and a pair of jandals. They were in the back of the car. I just can't get my head around a person who sees a school bag and an old camping bag and thinks that there will be something valuable in there... 

Apparently a couple of older ladies saw the whole thing, they said they even tried to take off with the car (they ended up taking someone elses) but these ladies thought they would report it to the police after they've gone to see the Round The Bays race! I mean, if you saw this from your house, wouldn't your first reaction be to ring the police?!

Just to top it all off I've managed to catch a cold in Summer. So sorry for the rant but I've been thinking about this whole situation non-stop for days. I just don't get how anyone can think it's ok to take someone else's treasured items like that. I am so sorry for the rant! I really just had to get it off my chest :)

_____________________________________

Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em

This is such a beautiful shade of watermelon crossed with strawberry. It looks like juice on your nails! I really love this one. It is definitely more red and yellow toned than Do You Think I'm Tex-y. Two coats as with all the other polishes in this collection.



Do You Think I'm Tex-y?

Seriously hard to choose a fave in this collection, but I think Texy has to be it! A beautiful blue toned fuchsia jelly. Still loving this jelly lot. Only two coats needed just like Hold 'Em :) I am trying to get Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear and Houston We Have a Purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment