Thursday, November 24, 2011

Color Club Red Velvet


Today I want to show you my favourite polish at the moment, Color Club's Red Velvet. Red Velvet is from the Untamed Luxury collection released last year. There were a couple of stunners in that collection, Covered in Diamonds being one of them.


Spring and Summer are one of my favourite times of year to wear vampies, really dark shades. Quite often they have a beautiful subtle shimmer that really stands out with brighter light. Red Velvet is so pretty out in the sunlight. It is a bit more hidden in doors but it's probably one of those polishes that only you know that it's there. Like wearing special undies.


Look at that glow! Red Velvet went straight up to my all time favourites list the first time I wore it. There are a couple of duplicate shades out there, the only one I know off the top of my head is China Glaze Lubu Heels.


A long time ago I remember reading people being disappointed with how much red glitter was actually showing up in Lubu Heels and a few people were recommending to add one layer of China Glaze Ruby Pumps over the top. 

I tried this out over Red Velvet and while it was pretty, I still loved that black base with subtle red shimmer poking through. So you may like one variety of wearing this shade more than the other.

 
If you are a New Zealander and are interested in buying this polish, I have seen a few around in pharmacies and chemists for around $15. You can buy the one half of the Untamed Luxury collection that Red Velvet is in, online for $39.00, which works out to be around $5.60 a polish. Click here for the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment