Monday, August 3, 2015

Nail Art - Purple and Gold


The Look:
I was inspired to create a look that used glitter to create the pattern rather than nail polish. I found that I liked using glitter in this way as the shapes are more consistent than if you were to use nail polish with a dotting tool.

To start with I used two coats of High Roller as my base colour. At the base of the nail I put four golden glitters beside one another, using my dotting tool, to create a single tessellation. For the accent nail I repeated this design. I dabbed my dotting tool in a tiny bit of base coat to help with picking up the glitters. I then sealed my nail design with a coat of Out the Door top coat. I used two coats of top coat over the accent nail as the glitter is bumpy.

Products Used:
  • Base colour - Revlon's High Roller from the Gel Envy range
  • Top coat - Out the Door

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment