Monday, June 27, 2011

The 'Splatter' Manicure

This is definitely an experience and a half! I had my boyfriend's saliva flying all over my fingers, nail polish flinging on to my hands/arms/legs/anywherebutmynails! After all of that, all I can say is thank goodness for Color Club's Cuticle Oil!




I do apologise for the mess. When I had just finished cleaning up my nails, this looked like perfection to what was once there. Now that I look back I see I missed a few spots.


I saw Jen's post recently explaining how to do it. I thought it sounded simple enough. Jen uses tape to do hers but silly me started this manicure, then realised that all of my tape is at Uni. I dug through my nail draw to see what I could use, I found that Liquid Palisade stuff, but the brush is too small to cover such a large area. So I kept searching and found Color Club's Cuticle Soothe in the treatments section. Worked a treat! The polish just slid right off!




After about five minutes of spit flying everywhere and no nail polish splattering, we decided to modify the straw a little bit. Turns out a thinner exit works so much better! We just bent the straw in half at the bottom and yay it finally started working!


I really like how it turned out. I was thinking of using Skulls & Glossbones as the base colour for this but I quite like it how it is. Be prepared to see many more of these!


Today I used: China Glaze For Audrey as the base colour, Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau (light blue), LA Disco in Vinyl Record (bright blue) and OPI's Mermaid Tears (pale green).


Next time I want to use: OPI Who The Shrek Are You?, Essie Big Spender, Australis Blue Tiger and Color Club Almost Famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment