Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Skittle Me Happy with Nail Art!




















On my travels into the city, my partner wanted to show me a new Japanese food place. So there we went, food was great. This place was also a mall. We came across a nail salon that had like a bargain bin outfront.

Nail art supplies $2.

So I sat on the ground and sifted through everything and came out with these babies. I have been looking for these FOREVER! The only place I could get them was China.






















Last night I was really in the mood for some nail art. Perfect chance to try them out.



























From pinky to pointer:


Gold Gradient; I used a base of one coat of OPI Starbright Sparkles. I left it for awhile so it was pretty dry and I was scared that the glitter wouldn't stick. I have acres of glitter so I put my finger into the bag of gold and then dabbed it almost the whole way up my nail. Applying more closer to the tip. Then I stuck a few gold hex's along my tip and a few random ones going up my nail.

Nautical; I love love love love love nautical stuff. I am still waiting for Konad to make that nautical plate >_< Blue Moon; For the base I used two coats of Essie's Shelter Island. I applied the little blue circles in sort of a moon shape, but it looked a little too spaced out so I added a couple n top of the gaps.

Pink Triangle; Don't quite know what I was wantng here. I have a feeling I should have done half the nail in the pink circles, but keeping that diagonal line.






No comments:

Post a Comment