Sunday, January 17, 2010

OPI Merry Midnight




















I was really unsure of whether to go for Merry Midnight when it first came out. Then to mum and mines surprise, a store had just put the Holiday Wishes display out!


It was so good to see them in real life. As soon as I saw Merry Midnight in the bottle I knew I had to have it. I mean, it's one of OPIs first flakies!

Ok so Merry Midnight was released in the collection 'Holiday Wishes' for Christmas 2009. (Oh my gosh I'm so excited for what they will bring us this year!)

Merry Midnight has an eggplant base to it with heaps of silver micro shimmer, blue glitter and a tonne of flakies!

The flakies aren't quite as visible as an NFUoh is, but hey, at least we know OPI can do it! Maybe they have matte flakies in the making? :D

The formula was alright. It was a little sheer but you really do need that sheerness for flakies to get them to show through and give you depth when adding another coat.

I used two coats here, could have possibly used another but I think it looked ok :)

Did you go for the flakies? If not/did how come?


No comments:

Post a Comment