Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fashion Nails: Summer Dress!


Isn't this dress just the cutest little thing? White, navy, coral and peach. What a great range of colours to find a matching nail polish! I am planning to wear it with a navy cardigan for a presentation.


My first choice was navy or white as I'm not really a red wearer. I did think about peach but I don't know if it's strong enough through-out the pattern to look like it intentionally matches the dress.

My sister is a coral lover just like my mum! So from their stashes I found OPI Lunch At The Delhi, OPI Cajun Shrimp and OPI Big Hair Big Nails (still don't get that name).

Lunch At The Delhi matched the coral colour almost 100% perfect but I was really liking the juicy looking texture of Big Hair. But Big Hair being a jelly means it's going to take a few coats to build up. I'm not after sheer today. So this is how we came to this manicure, one coat of Cajun Shrimp followed by one coat of Big Hair Big Nails.

I quite like how they look together, they compliment each other well. The sad thing is, I'm planning to wear this dress in two days time. Most likely this manicure will chip or lose it's pizzazz by then. Then I think I'll go with the white or navy. Maybe I'll even try to replicate the pattern! Whatever happens, I'll be sure to post!


Another Fashion Nails post coming up shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment