Friday, May 8, 2009

Silk Wraps..... *shudder*

EDIT: SOUNDS LIKE I JUST HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE MY DEAR JUICERS, PLEASE DON'T LET THIS SCARE YOU OFF ♥

I've had a silk wrap or, fibreglass wrap, on my right ring finger for two days now. I just removed it now because I could NOT stand the damn thing!


I don't know if my tutor just did it badly or what! It was horrible. Horrible. Just horrible.

We are currently learning how to do silk wraps at the moment... I really feel sorry for whoever's my client :( I already told mum she can't be it.

Why does Steph have so much hatred towards it?
Let's find out!
  1. First step of wrapping your tip is to rip up the nail plate. We call it 'etching', but really it is ripping it up, making a complete mess of it.
  2. This ripping up really hurt, as she used a very rough file and this was being rubbed over my cuticle at the same time. Very sore.
  3. Once all the glue and crap was put on, my nail was so hard. I couldn't move it or bend it. And of course our nails need to bend and move for when we knock them on things by accident or purpose. Because of this, my finger became really sore as the nail had nothing to do but dig into my nail walls. Ouch.
  4. It was big, bulky and uneven.
I'm really struggling to see the bright side here guys. Did I just have a bad experience? A very bad, painful experience? Or is this how it is?

All the girls in my group were cringing when she was 'etching' my nail, they also gave an OMG face when she said "We might finish all your nails off today Steph". Then today I told them how painful it was... so they probably aren't looking forward to it either lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment