Friday, July 3, 2009

Handy Hints - Cuticle Care

Now, you can have the most beautiful nails in the world, but you don't see them if your cuticles aren't in shape. From this article, I hope you find something that helps you to get them looking wonderful!

You can use either a Hand & Nail Cream, Cuticle Oil, Cuticle Cream to get them looking healthy or your skin might just pump out a lot of oil and you don't need any of these :D Take my dad for example, never had any nail care for 50 years and his nails are in good shape. Not a single hangnail. Not a sight of Pterygium (cuticle overgrowth).

Hand Cream
  • This will help moisterise your hands, nails and cuticles if they are dry. I hate using it as it makes my hands sweat a lot more, and they already sweat quite a bit. My hands aren't the silkiest, but I'm happy with them :)
  • Can be quite cheap, found pretty much everywhere
Cuticle Cream
  • Cream specially designed for the cuticles. It will help keep them moisterised so the hangnails are no more. I hate hangnails!
  • Can contain special ingredients to help with other things
  • Don't get confused with Cuticle Remover
  • Needs to be used daily for optimum results
Cuticle Oil
  • Really, any plan old oil will do. Rice Bran works wonders! :D
  • My mum has a recipe for some, I think it contains; Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil and Rice Bran. This stuff is lovely. I think it's 33mls of each.
  • I prefer the cream as the oil tends to linger longer and get on everything
Cuticle Remover
  • Should only be used once a week, if that. This stuff can really irritate your skin, so please be careful.
Hoof Stick
  • The stick that looks like a hoof and we use it to push them back. I prefer the rubber ended ones as it feels more gentle and doesn't hurt as much if you slip with say, a sharp wooden one. Totally up to you though!
  • Cuticles should be pushed back daily. The cuticle is an elastic piece of skin, so if you don't keep on pushin' it, your cuticles are just going to move back down.
  • Even just after a shower, give them a quick gentle push. Or do what I do and give them a push and massage after I have put on my cuticle cream. Feels lovely.
Cuticle Clippers
  • I don't really understand the big hoohah about these things. Unless you are actually cutting your cuticle... but then why would you? :S A hangnail is really annoying when it catches on everything, so easiest way is to cut it off. Don't pull it with the clippers, this hurts.
Cuticle Overgrowth Remover Tool
  • There are lots of different kinds, so I won't list them all. I myself use a cuticle spoon, but i'm not sure if it is available to the public.
  • These are great to get rid of the overgrowth you have pushed back, just make sure you take a lot of care when using them and not too scratch up the nail plate.
Hmm I think this is everything n_n

No comments:

Post a Comment