Wednesday, July 8, 2009

OPI Russian Navy Matte























I had to show this as soon as I got it! OPI's Russian Navy Matte.


For some reason unlike the real Russian Navy, this one has no shimmer at all. Just a flat matte, but i'm ok with that because this is just too cool for words.

When I was putting it on I was so nervous, shaking all over the place!

I used two coats here. I needed the second because when this baby starts to dry (which is almost instantly) it appears to shrink. So there were these claw like marks on my nail where Russian Navy hadn't covered. I didn't know this when I was painting though. Easily fixed though! Just through another coat on top.

It applied so smoothly. The formula was perfect, it restored my faith back in OPI. I had a few polishes this morning when I was swatching that were absolute crap. Russian Navy Matte's formula was a little on the thickish side, but I like that. It's much easier for me to control rather than something that's like water.

I think when you are applying Russian Navy Matte, you need to have the brush fairly loaded (I only have short nails here, just figure out what suites you best :)) and go for it!

OPI says not to use a base coat, but I did. There is no way that i'm sticking a dark navy polish on my naked nails. I quickly tried it on one nail before I did this, and there is no way i'll be doing that again. OPI also says not to use any hand cream or anything like that. All thats going to do is give it more of a satiny finish rather than a flat matte finish. Also try not to rub your fingers over it, as your oils will also make it satiny n_n

I made sure to use a fairly thick coat of base as I heard that mattes show imperfections well. I waited for it to dry fully then proceeded with Russian Navy Matte.

The verdict: I will be wearing this ALOT. May even need another... I cannot wait for my Dovimas' and Loredana to come! n_n!!


No comments:

Post a Comment